Commercial And Residential Real Estate Litigation
O'Connor and Associates‘ experience in litigating and trying real estate-related cases is both wide and deep. In recent years, the firm successfully tried a massive construction defect case in Marin County and settled several significant real estate cases in San Francisco during or immediately before trial. Our record in this area of litigation is excellent.
John O’Connor’s successful real estate litigation results include:
- Received a $165,000,000 counterclaim settlement in a hotel/casino lease dispute after an eight-week jury trial in Nevada.
- Obtained evictions on behalf of landlords in commercial leasing disputes.
- Obtained highly favorable settlements on behalf of evicted commercial tenants.
Real Estate Dispute Resolution And Litigation
Our representation includes:
- Commercial lease litigation
- Closely held real estate business litigation
- Breach of contract disputes
- Fraud claims
- Construction contract disputes
- Construction defect claims
- Purchase, sale and brokerage disputes
- Real property liability litigation
- Purchase and sale agreement disputes
Commercial Property Matters
We have considerable experience in commercial lease, purchase and sale, and brokerage disputes, as well as construction contract and defect claims; mechanic’s, contractor’s and materialman’s liens; and other related issues.
We are skilled in handling real property issues frequently encountered in the Bay Area, including cases involving environmental nondisclosure, construction defects, soil problems, trespass, nuisance, toxic tort and other issues pertinent to California real estate.