Jeffrey D. Kirk
Jeff Kirk graduated from Golden Gate University School of Law in 1983 summa cum laude with Am.Jur awards in civil procedure, torts and creditor’s remedies.
After graduation from law school and admission to the bar, Kirk has worked in a number of small to medium-sized law firms specializing in litigation and collection, as well as running his own practice. Most recently, prior to joining O’Connor and Associates, he was specializing in real estate litigation including title insurance disputes and enforcing and defending secured transactions, from drafting the complaint all the way through trial and on appeal. Mr. Kirk has also had substantial experience in the bankruptcy court and in enforcing judgments.
One noteworthy case in which Kirk has participated was Shopoff & Cavallo LLP v. Hyon (2008) 167 Cal.App.4th 1489 wherein Mr. Kirk represented other attorneys in an interpleader and attorney client fee dispute at trial and on appeal.
Kirk enjoys complex litigation and believes that he brings sophisticated litigation tools to the litigation process to clarify and simplify presentation of complex issues to the trier of fact.
- California, 1984
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 1983
- Honors: With Highest Honors
- Honors: Am Jur Award, Civil Procedure, Torts and Creditors Remedies
- California State University, Hayward, California
- B.A. - 1980
- Honors: magna cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Business & Corp. Law Section, Labor & Employment Law Section
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- San Francisco Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Jeffrey D. Kirk, Sole Practitioner