Jessica C. Shafer
Jessica’s practice focuses on commercial and IP litigation in state and federal courts. She represents plaintiff and defense clients in cases involving claims of fraud, breach of contract, unfair competition, misappropriation of trade secrets, and copyright infringement, among others.
On the employment side, Jessica has experience in single-plaintiff and class action and collective matters. Jessica also provides counsel and advice to various corporate clients, including assisting in workplace investigations, drafting policy manuals and employee handbooks, and consulting on privacy and trade secret matters.
Jessica has obtained generous settlements through mediation and informal settlement discussions, and she has secured dismissals of cases through motion practice and trial.
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, California
- J.D. - 2013
- Honors: Emery Merit Scholar
- Honors: Moot Court Board, Director
- Honors: Witkin Award for Academic Excellence, Legal Research & Writing, Advocacy
- Honors: High Technology Law Journal, Editor
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A. - 2008
- Honors: With High Honors
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Honors: Women's Rowing Team, Big XII Champion
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Francisco Bar Association, Member
- California Lawyers Association, Litigation Section